Without a doubt, anyone who has anything to do with search marketing has heard about the potent amount of traffic and links one can gain from Diggnation. Though they might not actually read your story or buy your product, for whatever reason this audience is highly valued.
So, how does one take advantage of Digg and get their stories dugg? Simple. Use one or all of the following strategies and you’re destined to reap the rich rewards that await you!
1. Set up 1,594 Digg user accounts and then digg your story. It may be necessary to outsource part of this to India.
2. Make sure there is a picture of some lady’s boobs on the page you want dugg.
3. Write a story that makes an outrageous claim such as “SEO Is For Losers” or “Search Marketers Enjoy Eating Babies, Foi Gras”. Facts are not as important to the story, and to be honest, there aren’t many people who will probably will probably make it much further than the headline. Be sure your claim is in the first sentence or two.
4. Make sure to include a bum-shot of some gal wearing a thong.
5. Write headlines that are sure to whip Digg’s mob mentality into a frenzy, such as “SEO Jerk Calls Diggnation a Dumbacracy” or “Bush Said “Transformers” Sucked and Optimus Prime is Lame”. Again, accuracy is not the key here. Study these people and find out what pushes their collective buttons. In no time you’ll have their pitchforks and torches aimed at your site in the form of links! Hopefully.
6. Post something about iPods, Apple, WoW or anything else you think a pasty-white, 17-year-old boy who rarely sees natural sunlight would like.
7. Make sure there is a photo of a naked woman on the page you want dugg.